Tip of the Week: This One’s For the Books
This week we’re passing along an idea suggested by Tracy L. Elliott in his recent webinar, Building a Leadership Culture.
Looking for new ways to support a culture of leadership at your organization? Tracy L. Elliott, President & CEO of The Anti-Cruelty Society, shared several actionable ideas in his webinar in The Association’s A Great Place to Work series. How about starting a Leadership Book Club in which those wishing to can meet regularly to discuss ways to grow their leadership skills?
The following are suggestions recommended by Elliott, as well as by other animal welfare colleagues. What would you add to the list?
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen R. Covey
- Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High, Kerry Patterson et. al
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for Trainers: Fostering DEI in the Workplace, Maria Morukian
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don’t, Jim Collins
- Managing to Change the World: The Nonprofit Manager’s Guide to Getting Results, Alison Green & Jerry Hauser
- Organizational Culture & Leadership, E.H. Schein
- Leadership Books by Women and People of Color
Photo: Alan HL/flickr
View by Category