Humane Society Silicon Valley (HSSV):
- Cristie Kamiya, DVM, MBA, Chief of Shelter Medicine
- Kristen Jahnke, Director of Shelter Operations
- Katie Christie, Manager of Foster and Animal Care
How do you support and scale your foster program during times of
crisis? Humane Society Silicon Valley can answer that – they weathered
the pandemic storm by pivoting their foster care and adoption processes
into safe, no-contact, socially distanced programs. And did we mention
they have acquired more than 3,000 new foster families since March’s lock down?
In this session, experts from HSSV will walk you through a few key
components to effectively engage volunteers and your community to
increase your impact while removing barriers to lifesaving capacity.
Participants will walk away with an understanding of:
- Increasing your medical team’s capacity through the utilization of volunteers and technology
- Developing a foster training strategy that takes advantage of current technology
- Managing increased foster demand through tailored and strategic communications
- Seizing opportunities and seeing the silver lining in our new normal
The webinar will benefit any animal shelter professional interested
in maintaining strong relationships and providing excellent animal care
outside of the shelter environment. Read more about HSSV's experiences changing their foster program to meet the crisis.
This session is part of the Shelter Medicine series, a collaboration between the Association of Shelter Veterinarians and The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement.
This program (both live and recorded) has been approved for 1 Certified Animal Welfare Administrator continuing education credit and has been submitted to RACE for approval.
- Members of The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement who are
vets or vet students may receive a free 1-year membership with the
Association of Shelter Veterinarians (ASV).
- Members of the
Association of Shelter Veterinarians may receive a free 1-year
membership with The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement.
>> Membership instructions will be sent after you attend your first webinar in full.
Cost: No Charge